Friday, June 14, 2013

RBRR Preperation Part XI

OK I know its a little bit late, but I finally tracked down that Stanpart front wing that eluded me when I was restoring the Tiny Lewis RAC rally class winning  Herald Coupe TL5 last October.

Anyway after 7 months of searching a suitable wing poped up on the Bay, and was mine for not a lot of money. It was quite surface rusty, but as they all get media blasted as a matter of course it mattered not.

As soon as it came back from the blasters I welded it on along with the previously assembled inner, and outer arch bowls.


The offside outer arch bowl was a Stanpart original I had in my stash for my own projects, the nearside outer was one of the pressed reproductions we sell. The ease of fitment was equally good, and the finished result is virtually identical.

That elusive Stanpart wing finally finds a deserving home.





No comments:

Post a Comment