Thursday, June 15, 2006

The bloke that designed/specified 6 cyl cams works here!

In an idle moment recently Tony Luxton (he works here part time) and I were discussing Triumph cam specifications, as you do. I mentioned that I had never found out what the Stag's cam timing, lift, etc was despite having poured over every bit of factory literature I could over the years. Just like that, Tony spouted it all out, verbatum, without even thinking! It knocked be back a bit I must admit. He then went on to say that had been one of his pet subjects whilst working in Triumph experimental, he had even had a hand in designing/specifing most of the later 6 cyl cam's. Just to hammer home the point he brought along a load of original specification sheets a week later. Now that's what you call having experts to hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment