Monday, February 18, 2008

Courier stuff

Apologies for the rubbish photo. We are getting close to paint on one of our Couriers, and I thought I would take a snap of it in primer, and guide coat. This car like many Couriers was originally painted in economy spec grey. As much as it bugs me to paint one of our cars a none original colour I just couldn't face seeing yet another Slate Grey example, so this one is turning Wedgewood. This actual car was one of JK's (John Kippings) very first 'company car' Heralds, and as such had already had a very hard life in the hands of the workforce before I came on the scene. Relegated to one of the storage sheds here many years ago it was replaced by a succession of other Couriers that one day might find their way into the restoration queue. Whilst I am on the subject has anyone out there got a spare Courier grille? Four Couriers about the place and every grille has 'walked', If I cant track one down then I'll stick a 12/50 one on temporarily.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, Jason told me from India that you were after a grill. Having just secured our old family Herald Coupe (229 JFJ - see Nick Prices 948 directory) on e-bay one of the first things I shall be doing is removing the Courier / S grill and replacing it with the original grill that has been in storage at the family home since about 1967 - when my father decided he preffered a balck 'expamet' grill instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, Jason told me from India that you were after a grill. Having just secured our old family Herald Coupe on ebay (229 JFJ), one of the first jobs when I pick her up next weekend will be to remove the Courier / S grill and replace it with the correct one originally taken off the car in about 1967 (and kept in a shed).

    ReplyDelete